Monday, March 4, 2013

PAINTING THE FIFTH WALL


I mean painting the ceiling. I would love to have at least one room in my house with a different paint color other than white on the ceiling. But the pain in the neck and the mess it might create makes me think.
I am sharing with you some of the pictures saved in my folder of the painted ceiling that I loved. This below picture is my most favorite of them.
I love everything about this room. The curtains, the ceiling light and the pouf.  Since the color of the ceiling is dark, the designer went with white furniture and lighter wall color. Painting this pink color on the walls would have made the room too bright but not when on ceiling.
 
Painted ceiling
Since there was no wall to paint, the yellow color on the ceiling gives some color to this kitchen.
Similarly, a grey ceiling.
Grey Ceiling

A black painted ceiling gives this dining an elegant look. Having the wall white, white curtains and lighter color chairs, pulls your eye to the ceiling as you walk in.
Black ceiling
An orange painted ceiling is so perfect for a kids room or teenager. Mr. Tweaks would love to have one of our ceiling painted but I am not. What if I do not like it? Someday, I will take that risk.
Orange Ceiling
The most common color on the ceiling that I have seen in the magazines or blogs is the Blue, different shades of blue. I guess, since it gives the feeling of a sky. It sure is a very calming color.
Via Pinerest
Decorpad

Blue Ceiling

And some brave ones, very daring ones have gone with stripes on the ceiling. And these stripes are mostly in kids room. What all we parents do for our kids???
If ever, I want to paint a ceiling, I might go for a smaller space like a bathroom or a closet. 
Tell me would you paint your ceiling a different color?

2 comments:

  1. I may color the ceiling different color. I am neutral towards the idea, it really depends on how modern you decorate the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neelam, Would love to see how you go with it.

      Delete