Friday, January 31, 2014

FRIDAY FEEDS: POWDER ROOM MAKEOVER

My plan was to introduce Vidya Sukumaran on a post for the Inspiring Blogger's series. I will share her blog again when I start the series.
I have been following Vidya's blog whatsurhomestory  for the past year and half and I started to like her and her design ideas. And the fact that she works her magic without spending too much. She is totally a girl after my own heart. And a fellow Indian.

Vidya recently gave her powder room a makeover which was one of my favorite projects she did. Of many.
She wallpapered her powder room in a vintage style newspaper wallpaper.
Here is the before picture which was not bad either. The orange picture frame is her DIY too.
Vidya picked this mirror for $30 at a yard sale and gave it a makeover too....she painted the frame in red which stands out perfectly on the black & white wallpaper.
The picture frames are from Goodwill. No, she did not find them like this. She changed the pictures in the bigger frames. And the smaller frames got a coat of paint. Instead of spending on new mats, she painted them red. She grouped them on this wall.
Despite the wallpaper being so busy, the powder room looks alluring. It was a good idea to have rest of her decor and accessories simple and clean line.
Did I mention she did not spend too either?
A before and after for you guys.











Vidya has shared so many projects, DIY's and makeover's on her blog. She has also featured one of my makeover which I am so thankful to her. My first time on another blog.

Enjoy reading whatsurhomestory.
And have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment: