Monday, September 1, 2014

CELLPHONE CHARGING STATION TWEAK.


The tweak I am sharing is an year old. I had this cell phone charging station for sometime; useful but pretty bland. So it moved to the garage.
Last year, I decided to tweak it and put it to use again. It had lots of scratches and the black sheet on the top was peeling off.

At Micheal's, I picked this ikat print scrap book paper. I had nothing in this color of green shade at home and I had no plans to match the cell phone charging station to anything in the space. While I was there, I also picked an almost exact matching color of craft paint.
Next day I gave the charging station a good sanding. Wiped off the dust and gave two coats of paint.
I peeled off the black velvet that covered the top of the station before I started working on it.
I left the top unpainted since I was planning to use the scrap book paper to cover.
I measured the black sheet to the paper. You can see I was little short of the paper.
I will have to cut and paste the shortage.
Using Mod-Podge, I pasted the paper to the top of the charging station. And covered the top of the paper with a coat of Mod-Podge.
A $1 paint and a .50cent paper was the small tweak with a big difference. I had the modge podge but a $4 bottle is good for few projects.

A before:
And an after:
I enjoy tweaking to my liking without spending much.
How about you?

Have a great week ahead.
Reshma

Sharing at:
http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/, http://tatertotsandjello.com/,
http://www.serenitynowblog.com/,http://shabbynest.blogspot.com/, http://www.bowerpowerblog.com/


13 comments:

  1. Hello Reshma..... what a beautiful blog.. and indeed the little tweaks can make a world of difference... thanks for sharing your lovely home with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your compliments. You have a beautiful home too.

      Delete
  2. Wow! This is amazing :) You r super creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaya, Glad you like it. Thank you for dropping by.

      Delete
  3. Its amazing how little bit of paint can change the entire look. It looks beautiful, Reshma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bharati. Just a small bottle of paint....:-)

      Delete
  4. The transformation is impressive...This is going to be my last comment for today.. Thank you for such lovely posts.. I've come back to checking blogs after nearly two years and totally loved being year.. Happy blogging.. Looking forward to seeing some more posts..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty, Thank you for dropping by and appreciate all of your comments.

      Delete
  5. Hi, I'm visiting from Frugal Friday. Great job with the lovely upgrade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dear,

    I really prefer your blog..! This blog are very useful for me and other. Are you searching Charging solution for EV Vehicles? Then visit at Evchargerprime.com, Charging Station Etiquette: Do’s and Dont’s,

    More deatils visit here - https://evchargerprime.com/charging-station-etiquettes-to-follow/

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete