Sunday, October 26, 2014

CELEBRATION.

Hope you all had a nice weekend. A Happy Diwali to all my friends and readers who celebrate the festival. I guess you had a Diwali party to host or attend.
Yesterday, we hosted a Diwali party at our place and celebrated Diwali with our dear friends. Had a great time with food, talk and laughs.
We had another celebration a week earlier on October 17th. Sanjan celebrated his 9th birthday. He wanted a party with his school friends. Once the location was decided, I prepared this invitation, printed it and sent it with him to invite his friends.
Sanjan loves the continental breakfast that is served at the hotels. So on his birthday morning, I made an arrangement for that.
Every year, the night before Sanjan's birthday, Sanjeev and myself decorate Sanjan's room with balloons. This year too, I started but did not complete. So the few balloons that I inflated went on the counter-top.
On Thursday after work, I drove to Safeway and picked donuts and cupcakes. Also a mini-birthday cake to cut in the morning. I made those placards and had them displayed before he came down after his shower.
At present, his all time favorite dish is an Indian breakfast/snack cooked of rice flakes, Avalakki. I cooked it for him.
When he came downstairs in the morning and saw the laid out breakfast, he was very surprised and happy. He kept confirming if all this was for him.
When Sanjeev told him, he could have anything he wanted for breakfast, he took a serving of the Indian breakfast first. I must have wiped off a drop from the corner of my eye....
After the breakfast, he cut his cake.
Later in the evening, he had his birthday celebration with 12 of school mates. Fun, pizza and cake.
Photoshopped with hats to cover his friend's face.
The celebration continued to the weekend. We have a tradition at our home. The birthday celebration goes for at least 3 days. For each of us. Every year.

I will be back with a small little tweak I did last week.

Have a great week ahead.
Reshma

1 comment: