Wednesday, January 21, 2015

BREAKFAST NOOK MAKEOVER: NEXT STAGE

I started my post about the breakfast nook makeover with this desk and chair.
We had that set-up for a year or so, when I started planning a change for the space. I wanted to go for a dining table, a small one for this nook.

I found this pedestal table on Craigslist for $20. I did not buy the chairs the seller was selling with the table.
The size of the table was perfect but had to be tweaked.

Then on one of our IKEA visit, we picked these 3 chairs till I find what I was looking for.
For almost a year, I stalked the Craigslist and Garage sales for chairs that I wanted. Finally, last summer I found them.

And I sold these 3 white chairs on Craigslist. These are the pictures I had clicked to post on Craigslist.
I posted the ad in the morning before I left for work and a buyer picked them in the evening. We had paid $12 for each chair, I posted and sold for $10 each.
 
The breakfast nook is the most used space in our home. And it has gone through so many changes in the past 4 years. And it still is not done.

I will be back with the chairs that I found on Craigslist.
Do you sell and buy on Craigslist?

Reshma

2 comments:

  1. Great post. We await the reveal for the next stage! Oh, yes, I have bought a few items on Craisgslist, but never sold there. We donate our items to charitable causes so that they can benefit from the remaining value.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vickie. I try to sell first on Craigslist and if they do not go in a time-period then they go to the donations. And I get to use that money for my projects.....:-).

      Delete