Saturday, October 18, 2014

FOYERS & ENTRYWAYS.

An entryway is a hall that is generally located at the from entrance of a house. Houses that do not have an entryway; in these the front door leads to a foyer, or directly into the living room or some other room in the house. As per Wikipedia.

So as per Wikipedia, our home has a foyer not an entryway as I had posted. An entryway or a foyer is what makes an impression of your home. 
Sharing inspiring photos of few of these entryway/foyer for you guys.

A foyer/entryway should have a flat space to drop your keys or anything small, hang your coat, handbag, umbrella and of course, a mirror to check yourself one last time before you step outside.
A cabinet or dresser will be a double duty for storing your footwear or stuff that you need to grab while going out.
Have a chair or 2, an ottoman, a bench to sit and tie your shoe.
Go with both a console and ottoman, if you can.


A beautiful chandelier to brighten up the foyer.
I have plans to tweak my foyer. Will share with you when I do. I will...but when, I do not know.

Enjoy your weekend.
Reshma

Images via: Pinterest

1 comment: